SEA*ACT, the Science Educators Association of the Australian Capital Territory, is an active professional association running many events and programs for science educators across the ACT.
SEA*ACT Council consists of a group of dedicated volunteer science educators from schools, departments of education, tertiary institutions and science agencies.
Members of SEA*ACT consist of primary, secondary and tertiary educators from all government, private and independent schools as well as science education colleagues from industry, government and the private sector.
SEA*ACT organises the annual SEA*ACT Science Fair and the yearly ACT science educators conference, CONSEA*ACT.
SEA*ACT also supports many other events such as National Science Week activities each year.
Promoting excellence in the teaching of science.
The SEA*ACT mission statement
SEA*ACT is the professional association for science educators in the ACT.
We provide opportunities to sustain, enhance and share best practice in science and education
We encourage and support educators by:
- improving communication and networking between members of SEA*ACT and the wider community
- offering quality professional development and a forum for informed debate
- promoting equity in science education
- offering expert information on resources, learning and teaching strategies and curriculum innovation
- providing a focus for other groups and agencies to contact teachers of science
- providing quality leadership for science education in the ACT
- supporting the objectives of the Australian Science Teachers Association and associated policies.